While you were younger, the only thought about shaving that you may have known concerns your sideburns and, perhaps, your chin. As you grow older, however, you may have greater concern about the hair on your head, especially if you are a descendant with a gene that caused several relatives to lose hair quicker or have experienced protruding hairlines as they age. Fortunately, men of today have long embraced the idea of masculinity that celebrates baldness and everything else that was considered different before. If you are still deliberating whether you will join the pack or not, it is best that you understand these things before you shave for head.
Reasons Why Men Would Rather Go Bald
Going bald can either be a chance or a choice. There are those who get have their head shaven as they have no other reason not to do otherwise. Perhaps, you have seen your hair started to think way earlier than you have thought. Maybe, it is the medication that you are taken that had lost much of your hair to fall off. Or, maybe, it’s an incident that caused you most of your hair.
If you are reading this then you could have probably just opted to shave your head. Whatever the reason that you are now bald or have decided to be hair-free, you will understand how liberating it really feels to be with no hair on the head after all. Being hairless gives you the freedom to be the real you.
Congratulations then and welcome to the club!
Some Tips for Bald Head
Whatever your reasons for exposing your melon, these tips will help you in your goal of keeping a slick and appealing baldhead.
1. Have the shortest cut before buzzing (about 1/4 of an inch). It will be easier to manage the shaver or manual razor, whichever you prefer if it’s cut that short. If not, some of your hair may get snagged by the razor and it will be awfully painful when that happens. You don’t need to have a perfectly cut hair, just make it short enough for the razor to slide through the contours of your head comfortably.
2. Baldhead is low maintenance and not a no-maintenance style. You will definitely need fewer products to keep your head looking great, but it does not mean you won’t need anything until the next buzz. To keep your head looking slick all the time, you will need a baldhead care kit that should contain the essentials for keeping an awesome melon.
3. You will need to pamper your head before shaving. You will need a clean surface to start with. Use a shampoo for bald head and exfoliate your scalp before running a razor into it. This will give less time to worry about skin infection or rashes since you started off with a clean and softened scalp.
4. People will have different perceptions of baldheaded people. Men receive a better response, however. But there will always be an exception. If you are female wanting to rock a bald head, it will definitely be a different story, however. However people may react to how you look, you just be positive about yourself. You’ll be the one wearing that style anyway.
5. Your hair will grow back quickly. That means you will need to touch-up frequently to maintain a clean look. Invest in one of the best shavers or best razor for bald head instead of having to visit a barber to do the job for you.
6. Familiarize yourself with your buzzer. The level of buzzer closeness is indicated by the number for the size of the hair-clipper guard. Study the manual and test how each set size will look after each cut.
7. To have a clean cut, you need to follow the grain of your head. Doing so will give you a more polished finish. You can determine the grain on your head by the way that your hair falls.
Anyone can go for a bolder, bald look. It is just a matter of how you carry yourself after the drastic change. For sure you will definitely like it, especially if you have thinning hair. There will be no need for you to hide your baldness. You won’t need to worry about bad hair days as well. It’s less of a hassle since you won’t need as much to keep your head looking good. Best of all it will make you feel a lot more comfortable even more masculine.